Friday, January 22

I'm so oval office

I find myself very often in a similar situation, it seems, to Mrs. Michelle Obama. I even catch myself trying to change this, but sometimes what is innate is unchangeable. I believe over the years I've adopted this particular pose in replacement of the folded arms across my chest "unapproachable" cousin. People always ask me if I'm cold...which I usually am...but it's more of a comfort stance than a resolution to a chill in the air. I feel best when I'm sort of tucked in and holding on to something- a hand or arm is my favorite- but if you find me alone- sans a cocktail in hand- I am most likely standing about, just like this.

I'm glad to see, I'm not the only one.



I wonder what this says about me and my personality, or the likeness between me and Mrs. First Lady. Do you have a pose that is just YOU?

P.S. Her necklace is quite amazing, and lucky us, J. Crew teamed up with FENTON-FALLON to deliver a more afforable version, "to the people".

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I find myself taking it a step further, unfortunately. I have to be holding something, if not my purse strap on my shoulder, a drink in a public setting, and I find myself stirring my straw. It could just be ice that I'm stirring, but as long as I'm stirring, I am in my comfort zone.