
She had a cocktail in hand, and confetti in her hair.
My dad ask me last week, so with all this wedding planning, what have you been doing for fun? (Sheer silence on my end....)
Fiance. Football. Friends. Wrigs. Wine. Weddin'. More Wine.
Somehow I managed to sneak in a lot of celebrations, great time with friends, too much wine, and cuddling with my favorite pup and new fiance. Life might feel crazy right now, but I am trying to take it all in and not miss a moment of it. I feel really humbled and blessed by the people in my life, and how genuinely excited they are for Matt and I. It is truly amazing....
So- I do want to document a few of my favorite wedding prep moments to date...
1) Dress shopping with my mom and sister
We heading to LR a few Saturday's ago to visit Proposal's, then go on to Lowe's (mecca of all wedding dresses)....I had somewhat of an idea what I liked, but wasn't really set on anything specific. I am a decisive person, and didn't try on anything that I knew I wouldn't wear (which saves a lot of time). On the 4th dress, I walked out of the dressing room, and we all just knew....this is it. I twirled around, starred in the mirror for 30 minutes, accessorized, and told my mom to cancel our Lowe's appointment, we were good to go! It was just so easy and fun, nothing like Say Yes To The Dress had built it up to be. Then again, I think 99% of the process is personality. We spent the rest of the day shopping around the Heights, having sushi and wine, and gushing that we had checked off such a big to do in a mere hour. And my dress....well it is just beautiful. The major deciding factor for me, was to imagine what Matt would think of me in it...and I just knew he'd think it was the prettiest dress in the whole world. done. and done.
2) Engagement pictures
The preparation: the time spent shopping and raiding friends closets, perfecting my tan, trial hair appointments (thanks, Theresa!), make up, nails....it really is quite the process. I will update this post once I actually see the pictures..... in the mean time, track me down this week and I'll tell you the story in person. It's the type of story that has to be told in person, with my hand motions and all. What would life be without a little hitch, hiccup, bump in the road....I'll leave you with this visual. After spending 4 hours in the car, 2 hours taking pictures, countless hours getting ready...Matt and I found ourselves eating 2 McDonald's double cheeseburgers (a piece) in the Harps parking lot, laughing... Let's hope that is the image that sticks with me from last Sunday...
UPDATE!!! After much anticipation, our engagement sneak peek is up! Enjoy a few of our pics! I just love that Tiffany captured so many fun shots, I would HIGHLY reccomend her for any photography needs! She seems to have such a laid back kind soul, I can't wait for her to capture our wedding day too.
Till next time- XOXO
Em

No comments:
Post a Comment